Holiday Accidents

Claims for injuries abroad can be handled from here almost as easily as domestic claims. We have processed claims on behalf of our clients in the UK, Europe and further afield.
We are part of an extensive network of international lawyers, the International Alliance of Practising Lawyers, (IAPL) and we have solicitors available all over the globe.

The most important aspect of dealing with an accident abroad, apart from getting medical treatment, is to keep records.

  • Keep receipts for any treatments or transport, medicine or any other expenses along the way.
  • Where possible take photographs of where the injury took place and the injuries themselves if circumstances will allow.
  • Get contact details of any witnesses.
  • Write down your recollection of the events as soon as possible after the accident so you will have a fresh memory.
  • See your own doctor when you get home. Your GP will have a better idea of your health history and advisable to further treatment.
  • You do not have to wait until you get home to obtain your legal advice.
  • Today you can obtain your initial legal advice over the web before you return home.

When travelling in the European Union you should get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and keep it with you. This will entitle you, in most cases, to free medical attention on production. Otherwise you might be subject to expenses which you may or may not be able to reclaim. EHIC cards are available from the HSE and the application process is very simple.

It is also advisable to obtain travel insurance. This will cover you not just for injuries abroad but may also help in recovering the cost of special flight facilities or ambulance facilities to get you home again.

Wherever it happens we will get you good contact on the ground to follow up your case for you.

Quick Enquiry